Iligan City’s very own Timoga Spring Pool
Nothing beats Iligan City in terms of abundance of fresh waters. Imagine, the city itself has about 23 waterfalls that is why Iligan City is dubbed as “The City of Majestic Waterfalls”.
Timoga Spring is one of the places in Iligan City that has the abundance of overflowing fresh waters. It is located in Timoga – Buruan, Iligan City where about five of these resorts houses different swimming pools, ranging from 2ft to 16ft.
Per my research, the waters of Timoga Spring source from Lake Lanao in Marawi City which is about 37kms away. Lake Lanao waters come from a volcanic source, the lake being the crater of an extinct volcano. These waters are filtered subterraneally in the Timoga, Buru-un area of Iligan, making it one of the richest source of fresh, highpH, alkaline mineral water.(Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timoga_Springs)
Out of the 5 resorts in Timoga, we chose to stay in Timoga Spring Pool. Entrance to the resort is PhP 50.00 per head. The place is very accessible since it is located along the highway. If you are not familiar where to go, always ask a local, every local in the city should be able to help you.
You can bring any food that are ready to grill in the resort. Ready to eat food like lechon manok are for sale in front of the resorts.
JUST A TIP FOR PEOPLE PLANNING TO GO TO TIMOGA:
- Bring a lot of food. Swimming makes you eat.
- Always bring extra clothes even if you planned not to swim. Who knows you’ll get envy with the people enjoying the pool when you get there.
- Make sure you know how to swim. Of course.
- Do not forget to bring your cameras. Of course.
- And of course do not leave the place without trying their slides. This is the 100% fun.
- The others, it is for you to find out. haha